TECHEXCHANGE.co.za sell new, demo and refurbished products. New products will carry a manufacturer or network warranty whereby customer may take the product to any applicable retail store nationwide for assessment and or repair. Demo and refurbished products will carry a Techexchange or third party Warranty. In the event of a claim please contact Techexchange immediately via email to ensure we have a paper trail and can best assist you with a speedy resolution to your issue. If you have any fault within the first Seven days of receiving your product, please report it immediately via email to email@example.com for replacement with a like for like model or agreed alternative. Product must be in the same condtion they were received in and contain the original packaging and accessories.
Each and every handset is put through several phases of stringent testing that exceed industry standard prior to listing for sale and again before dispatch. To provide our customers with complete peace of mind, we ensure every warranty return is put through the same testing process to ensure consistency. If 7 days have passed, Techexchange will arrange a collection of faulty product for inspection before a replacement can be dispatched. Should we deem a warranty claim to be fully functional or out of warranty, then this handset will be returned to you providing payment of the relevant fees are made within the required timeframe. Our warranty covers the cost of parts and labour to either repair or replace eligible warranty returns with a like for like model or agreed alternative. However, If your claim is out of warranty, you will be responsible for the following fees: Courier collect and return costs and labour assessment cost of R180.
Techexchange offers a) 3-month warranty on pre-owned products b) 6-month warranty on Demo products and c) 6-month warranty on refurbished & Certified Pre-owned products. For other products sold by Techexchange please read the warranty period for the specific product under specifications>Warranty and below. If, in the rare event, your purchase fails to operate under normal use and service, due to defects in parts or workmanship, our warranty will cover the cost of parts and labour to either repair or replace your warranty return with a like for like model. Replacements will be issued in accordance with the specification of the handset returned. All warranty repairs will be repaired within 3-5 business days, excluding courier time to collect and deliver. Lead times will vary depending on the availability of stock and/or replacement parts. Should the product not be repairable it will be replaced with a like for like model or agreed alternative. The warranty period begins at the time of the products delivery to the customer.
This is not an insurance policy and should we deem that any fault has occurred as a result of misuse; accidental, deliberate or water damage, then the warranty will be void and we will contact you with regards to this.
We do not cover defects and/or damage resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear of the equipment or otherwise due to the normal ageing of the equipment, including battery deterioration.
- Any disassembly, repair, alteration or modifications carried out by anyone other than Techexchange or our partners.
- Misuse, abuse, negligence or an accident howsoever caused.
- Improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, or any alteration or modification of the product.
- This warranty will not be available: a) if the serial number or warranty seal on the product is illegible, has been defaced or removed; or, b) without any proof of purchase.
- We do not cover any phones for water damage; this includes phones which were rated as waterproof/water resistant when new. This is due to the rubber seals/waterproofing degrading over time and as a result we cannot guarantee that a second-hand phone's seal will still be intact.
- The downloading of illegal software, alteration of the IMEI number on the device, whether it has been deleted, removed or made illegible, or if the internal data of the device doesn’t comply with the proof of purchase.
- Failing to properly follow the installation process and instructions for use, or the use of products or accessories that aren’t compatible with the device – such as generic accessories and other contaminated auxiliary devices.
- Modifying the exterior of the device by gluing, pasting or sticking ‘decorative’ images on the device can void the warranty if they impact the interior mechanics of the device.
We do not cover consequential or incidental damages, including but not limited to, loss of use, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of data, any fees related to third party contracts, down-time and charges for time and effort.
Any third party attempt at repairing the handset will invalidate any returns period or warranty in place, which is why we strongly advise that any potential issue must be reported to us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance and we will be able to advise further.
All faults must be reported to us upon initial discovery of the fault, as continuing to operate a device with a fault may cause the device to become irreparable. You will be held financially liable in this case and any costs associated with the return will become yours. In this instance, we will not uphold a warranty repair or replacement.
Phones must be returned to us without any passwords or passcode as these would prevent our technicians from completing a full assessment on time. If removal is not possible on the device, please include this information with the phone.
All Sim and Memory cards must be removed from the device as we cannot be held accountable for loss of sim and memory cards and their data.
We do not under any circumstances provide any kind of guarantee for data loss and all returns will be factory reset and wiped. We do advise that backups of the phone’s data are taken at regular intervals.
The handset must be returned to us on or before the date the warranty period expires, outside of this period it will be deemed as out of warranty and returned to you subject to the relevant fees.
Please ensure that the handset is packaged safely and in accordance with the courier’s guidelines before sending it to us, please retain your proof of postage and tracking number.
Changes to this agreement
From time to time we will also need to make changes to this policy. We will give you reasonable notice of any changes to this policy. Those changes will not affect past purchases.
- We reserve the right to take such action as we think appropriate in the event that you breach this policy. If we do not exercise a right available to us under this policy, this does not constitute a waiver of our rights.
- If any term of this policy is held invalid, void or unenforceable by a court or regulator, that term will be severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms of this policy.
- You may not assign or otherwise transfer this policy or any rights or obligations under it without our prior written consent. We may assign or transfer this policy, or any rights or obligations under it, on reasonable notice to you.
- All replaced defective products, parts, boards or equipment shall become the property of techexchange.co.za
- The warranty period commences from the date of purchase once it has been activated and runs without delay from this period Under no circumstances can a warranty be delayed, extended or renewed.
- The warranty period does not restart should a repair take place or warranty replacement issued.